Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Wool Dryer Ball Facts
Why Use Wool Dryer Balls?
* Decrease your laundry drying time and save money on electricity bills.
* No chemicals in wool dryer balls!
* Commercial dryer sheets can be expensive and are thrown away after each use. Reuse your wool dryer balls to save money and replace your disposable dryer sheets. Wool dryer balls last for years!
* Perfect for keeping your cloth diapers soft and chemical-free. Great for sensitive skin.
* Wool dryer balls won't affect the absorbency of your towels, kitchen cloths, or cloth diapers – but commercial fabric softeners will.
* 100 percent wool dryer balls reduce static and increase the fluffiness of your clothes as the dryer load tumbles.
* Soften your clothes naturally and reduce your impact on the environment by using wool which is a renewable resource.
How Do Wool Dryer Balls Work?
* Wool dryer balls absorb moisture and provide better air circulation by rotating and separating linens and clothes. As the balls bounce around they circulate, fluff and soften your clothes while reducing wrinkles.
* As they tumble in your dryer, the dryer balls work to dry your clothes so you can save money and run your dryer for less time.
How Do I Make My Wool Dryer Balls?
I use natural and organic 100% wool yarn to make my different types of dryer balls. The weight of wool yarn I use varies from fine to medium, which creates a denser dryer ball compared to a dryer ball made with wool roving yarn. Therefore, the dryer balls I create are better for drying your laundry because they wick the moisture away from the clothes better. Roving wool also pills regularly.
I triple felt the dryer balls so they will not unravel. I use unscented homemade laundry detergent to felt the dryer balls so each ball starts off as unscented. Learn how to make your own wool dryer balls, click here.
How to Use Wool Dryer Balls:
* Toss them in the dryer with your washed laundry, and let the dryer balls go to work!
* I recommend at least 4 of my dryer balls for a normal size load of laundry, but the more the better and the faster your laundry will dry.
* Store your dryer balls in the dryer when not in use or display them in a pretty basket in your laundry room.
* If you choose a scented option, I scent the dryer balls with essential oil right before shipping so they ship "wet". Please take them out of bag and allow the dryer balls to dry overnight before their first use so the essential oils can set. The scent lasts about a week, depending on use. Later, you can re-scent with a few drops of your favorite essential oil if desired. Check out my selection of essential oils, HERE.
Learn how to easily make your own wool dryer balls, click here!