Monday, October 14, 2013
Cleaning a Jet Tub…
After a little research, here is what I needed to do.
A whirlpool or jet system should be flushed twice a month or more, depending on usage. Check your tubs instructions, but this is what I needed to do:
1. Close air volume controls by turning the jet clockwise.
2. Fill the bath with hot water to a level 2” above the highest jets.
3. Add 4 ounces of household bleach to the water.
4. Run the whirlpool for 5 to 10 minutes, then shut off the whirlpool and drain the water.
5. Fill the bath with cold water to a level 2” above the highest jets, and run the whirlpool for another 5 to 10 minutes to rinse. Drain the bath and wipe it dry with a soft cloth.
I don’t use the jet tub lots especially since we get our water hauled out (we have a cistern). But I do enjoy an occasional bath and I’m glad I found a pretty easy way to clean and sanitize it. Now I can enjoy baths again!