Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Revealing My Mop…
I have been using my Rubbermaid Reveal Mop for about a year and it works great. I love the fact I no longer have to buy refill cleaning pads. (Just an FYI, Rubbermaid does not know me and I'm not getting anything from them to write this post. I just want to share what makes sense for me and the cleaner I use).
Previously, I had a Swiffer Wet Jet. I liked my Swiffer Wet Jet until it started to spray the cleaning solution all over the place. But one thing I never liked about the Swiffer Wet Jet was the dependency on using their cleaning solution and pads. Expensive!
In comparison, the Reveal Mop is much less expensive. I make my own cleaning solution and the cleaning pads are reusable. Just throw the cleaning pads in the washing machine. I purchased 2 cleaning pads, so if one is in the wash I have another to use in case of spills and other cleaning emergencies (which happens a lot in our house).
The Reveal Mop's cleaning pad is larger than the Swiffer Wet Jet’s. Which means… less time cleaning because I can cover more area with each sweep of the mop.
You can use a store bought cleaning solution or homemade solution with the Reveal Mop.
Here is the recipe for the cleaning solution I use:
1) Fill refill bottle to “water” line with water.
2) Add 1 to 3 Tbsp of White Vinegar to refill bottle - Vinegar helps prevent streaks and also has strong antibacterial properties (the vinegar smell disappears, but if the smell is too much just decrease the vinegar amount in your solution).
3) Add 1 Tbsp Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Soap to refill bottle. I like the smell of Citrus Orange. I bought online from Well.ca, but lots of stores carry it, including Amazon.ca.
4) Add about 10 drops Tea Tree Oil to refill bottle. Tea Tree Oil is an antibacterial and antifungal agent. I bought online from well.ca, but tea tree oil can be found in most stores, including Amazon.ca.
5) Put the lid on the refill bottle and give it a quick shake to combine the ingredients. Place bottle on mop and you are ready to clean your floors!
Quick, easy and inexpensive. Also much better for the environment, much less waste!
What mop do you use? What are your floor cleaning solutions?