The diaper bag in our house is always being reorganized. As the kids' needs change, things get added or removed. I try to keep the diaper bag stocked and ready to go at all times. This way, we can just grab it and go. Usually, all I need to add are baby bottles and sippy cups and we are out the door!
I got our diaper bag a few years ago from Babies R Us. I find it works really well for us. If we need more room in the bag, it has a zipper you can unzip that expands the bag for a little more room. We've packed a lot of stuff into this poor bag and it has held up for almost 3 years now.
Here is a list of things we keep in our diaper bag currently:
- Pull ups
- Wet Ones (in case of diaper changes where there is no place to wash your hands after!)
- Diaper rash cream
- Bags for dirty diapers in a dispenser
- Bag refill for bag dispenser
- Toilet seat covers
- Change of clothes for each kid, in a cloth bag
- Changing pad
I keep a change of clothes for each kid in cloth bags. I used to used zipper storage bags but they would always fill up with air and I'd end up with a lot of wasted space in the diaper bag. I found myself always opening them to squish the air out and then resealing them. With cloth bags the clothes stay together with no wasted air space.
Each kid gets pants, a shirt, and a pair of socks. My youngest gets a small toque, just in case. I also pack a sleeper for my youngest. That way, if we are out late, I can always change him into his pj's so he is ready for bed when he gets home.
- Fruit snacks
- AVENT formula container with snacks
- Water bottle (for me or to refill sippy cups as needed)
Since my youngest no longer drinks formula, I use the formula container for snacks. I find it nice because you can just shake out what you need and there are less chance of spills.
Medicine and Such:
- Tylenol (in a zippered bag, in case of leaks)
- Band aids
- Shampoo and lotion (in a zippered bag, in case of leaks). Weird addition to the diaper bag, I know. Sometimes our day trips turn into overnight trips and I find it handy to have an option to bath the kids before bed.
- Extra zippered bags for soiled clothes
I like having our diaper bag always stocked. This way, I don't have to try and
remember what else is needed right before leaving the house. I always
forget something if it's not ready to go!
What are your must have's in your diaper bag?